7th Floor vaporizers, the maker of the Silver Surfer and Da Buddha, have a new sidekick. Specifically, the SideKick vaporizer! We are going to do a quick SideKick dry herb vaporizer review to go over the basics. I call it a dry herb vaporizer because it has some new features such as a dry herb mixer to maximize efficiency and to keep the flavor fresh, which is awesome. But I do want to be clear that the SideKick comes with attachments for oils.
The oil attachment is great. A lot of people are interested in vaporizers for dabs or dabbing. It is an excellent feature that the SideKick vaporizer has to offer. But where this puppy really excels is with dry herb vaping.
I am not going to beat around the bush too much. This is an excellent, premium quality vaporizer. There are 21 different temperature settings that you can dial in to precisely customize your vapor experience. I know there are other vaporizers with temperature control but with the SideKick the temperature is particularly stable and accurate. That is awesome. There are 3 additional unique features that really make me a fan of the 7th Floor SideKick. I want to keep this vaporizer review short and sweet so let’s jump in.
Three Unique Reasons To Buy The SideKick Vaporizer
- The vortex effect. The SideKick vaporizer from 7th Floor is a handheld portable vaporizer. The vapor pathway in most portable vaporizers is only a few inches from the heating chamber to the mouthpiece. With the SideKick, the vapor pathway is a vortex that makes the pathway 18 inches long. That longer path of travel accomplishes a cooling effect. You can even put the vortex attachment in a fridge or freezer then insert it to add to the cool vapor sensation.
- You can stir your herbal material. On the top of the SideKick, there is a dial that you can activate to agitate and stir the herbal contents of the ceramic heating chamber. Use the dial at the top of the vaporizer to activate the stir. This maximizes the efficiency of your herbal material. Which as we know is not cheap! With the SideKick, you get maximum mileage out of your materials and that translates to longer sessions and saved dollars.
- Stirring your materials not only maximizes how much you get out of your materials, it also keeps the flavor fresh and vibrant. No stale hits.
Before getting onto the specs, I want to elaborate on what that is all about just the be clear. They call it the vortex cooler. It is the stainless steel device that is inserted into the vapor pathway. Here’s a picture.
That steel insert can be kept in the fridge or freezer. When you are ready to load the ceramic chamber with material and vape, you insert the vortex cooler. The vortex cooler creates the 18 inch long vapor pathway and cools the vapor. The cool vapor sensation makes for a fantastic, enjoyable session.
SideKick Vaporizer Specs And Features
For this part of our Expert Vaping Sidekick vaporizer review I will list the price, specs and features and tell you what comes with it. The Sidekick is an elite portable vaporizer. The cost is $249.95 but that includes free shipping. In terms of price, the Sidekick costs less than the Pax 3. To compare capabilities check out or Pax 3 review here.
The Sidekick costs more than the new G-Pen elite vaporizer. So it is about middle of the road price wise when it comes to high end portable vaporizers. For me and based on my experience testing for the Sidekick vaporizer review, I prefer the sidekick. The reasons why are the flavor and cool vapor. It just adds to my enjoyment.
Okay, the 7th Floor Sidekick vaporizer specs and features include:
- 21 Precise And Stable Heat Settings
- Material Stirring Capability For Efficiency And Flavor
- Vibration Notification
- Elegant Attractive Design, 7 Different color Choices
- Sturdy Anodized Aluminum Housing
- 18” Vortex Vapor Cooling Path
- Hand-Blown Glass Mouthpiece
- Large .25 Gram Capacity Heating Chamber
- Digital Temperature Control (100° F to 455°F)
- Works With 2 Removable/Replaceable 18350 Lithium-ion Batteries
- Conduction/Convection Hybrid Heating System
- Ceramic Heating Chamber/Ceramic Encased Heating Element
What Comes With The 7th Floor SideKick Vaporizer?
What comes with the 7th Floor Sidekick vaporizer? I am glad you asked! A lot. You may have noted in the specs that the SideKick works with two 18350 rechargeable batteries. And now you are probably now assuming that you will have to buy those separately. Nope. You will get four batteries that comes with the SideKick. That means you can always have a pair of charged batteries on hand. A big thumbs up to 7th Floor for kicking in the batteries.
Here’s all of what you are going to get:
- 1 x Hand-blown Glass Mouthpiece (stores inside the device)
- 4 x Rechargeable 18350 Li-ion Batteries (2 Sets)
- 1 x External Battery Wall Charger
- Cleaning Brush w/ Alcohol Cleaning Pads
- 1 x Small Phillips Screwdriver
- A Stainless Steel Marble Pick
- 1 x Small Bowl Tong/Scoop
- Stainless Steel Oil Can Insert For Vaping Oils
- 1 x Huny Bucket Silicone Wax Container For Dabbing
- 1 x Coconut Oil Mouthpiece Lubricant
- Travel Bag
- Instruction Manual
The 18350 batteries can be charged in about 2 hours. The battery charge that they include with the kit is very good quality. So they give you a lot here. You can enjoy a full, diverse range of herbal vaping. But one again as a dry herb vaporizer with precise temp control, that’s where the SideKick is a star attraction.
Last Word On The SideKick Review
As promised I am keeping the SideKick review nice and short! Wrapping up I can say that I really like the ceramic heating oven with the heating coils contained within the ceramics. That means no exposed metal coils ever touching your materials. The ceramic heating chamber is easy to keep clean. As is the cool vortex vapor pathway that can easily be taken out for spotless cleaning. In short, easy to maintain.
The quality here is excellent. Thumbs way up. The anodized finish is durable as is the overall rock solid construction. The ease of use is also impressive. It is a quick simple process to dial in your ideal vaping temperature.
After a session when you take out your vaporized materials, you will see that you really got the most out of it. The extra efficiency you get from stirring your materials in my opinion means this vaporizer will easily pay for itself. I have to leave you with my biggest thumbs up. That is the cool vapor sensation and the consistent flavor. The consistent flavor that stays fresh throughout your session thanks to stirring. The SideKick is a winner.